Tuesday, March 19, 2013

110 Geocaches and Earthquakes

March 11, 2013
 
I  went  geocaching  with  Bernie  last  Monday.   He  is  an  avid  geocacher,  he  has  almost  6000.   We  met  them  last  year.   Denny  and  Diana  don't  mind  geocaching,  but  only  for  3-4  hours  at  the  most.   Bernie  took  me  on  my  first  all  day  desert  caching  experience.   He  doesn't  have  a  jeep  or  ATV,  but  his  car  has  4 WD  and  a  short  wheel  base.   He  takes  it  everywhere  where  an  ATV  goes.    He  has  so  many  caches  around  here  that  we  traveled  south  for  an  hour  to  the  middle  of  the  desert.   In  8  hours  of  caching,  we  found  110.   I  was  amazed  at  finding   that  many.  Unless  I'm  with  Bernie,  it  will  probably  never  happen  again.   We  can't  take  our  truck  out  to  the  desert.   I  took  3  large  bottles  of  water  and  drank  every  bit.   It  was  a  fun   but  exhausting  day. 
 
On  the  same  day,  Dian a called  us  about  10:00 am.  There  had  been  an  earthquake  and  their  motor home  really  shook.   It  was  a  4.7,  the epicenter  was  between  our  RV  resort  and  where  we  were  in  the  desert.   I  talked  to  several people  that  felt  it,  but  Denny  never  did.   We   never  felt  anything.
 
I  have   gone  out  with  Bernie  several  times  geocaching.   Once,  we  even  rode  our  bikes.   That was  a  tad  scary  because  we  were  in  heavy  traffic,  but  did  fine.   We  had  helmets  on,  but  nobody  else  did.   The  other  day  we  were  gone  4 hours  and  found  17.    We  had  to  drive  quite  a  ways  between  caches.   The  only  reason  we  were  able  to  find  110  in  one  day  is  that they  were  only  600  ft  apart  in  a  series  put  out  by  the  same  person.
 
I  always  have  fresh  flowers  on  the  table  at  home,  but  never  on   the road.   I  didn't  want  to  take  up  space  for  a  vase.   UNTIL NOW.   I  have  seen  these  vases  for  a  while,  but  had  never  bought  one.   It  is  flat  until  you  fill  it  with  water.   It  is  very  sturdy.   When  you   empty  the  water  out,  it  goes  flat  again.   How  perfect  for  the  RV  is  that!
 
Below  is  a  picture  of  the  vase.   I  also  bought  another  one,  but  I  put  it  away  for  safekeeping and  can't  find  it.   Oh  well,  I  wanted  to  show  it  flat.
 
 
 
An  RV  across  from  us  was  flying  this  flag.   We  had  never  seen  a  combo  U.S/Canadian  flag  before.   Lots  of  U.S.  Flags   and   lots   of  Canadian  Flags,  but  never  one  like  this.   Maybe  the  wife  and  husband  were  from  both  the  U.S. and  Canada.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment