Thursday, March 16, 2017

SAD DAY

March 16, 2017

Yesterday was a sad day for us. My dad passed away 3 years ago yesterday. My Mom passed away 3.5 years ago on Sept 5, 2013.  You can't really think about one without the other. They were so very happy, very much still in love and joined at the hip.  They still held hands and kissed up  up to the end. I think of them every day and miss them so much.  I was very sad to lose them, but happy that they were both out of pain and together at last. I see them dancing to the Big band music and sitting around the kitchen table talking and laughing with my aunts and uncles at the farm in 
Kinmundy, IL.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of them. They were always smiling and having a good time.




Their wedding day, Jan 23, 1943
During the war, my dad was a pilot
A beautiful lady

College days
Younger days on the farm







Always kissing
Kissing again!



Traveling in their 5th wheel was one of their favorite things to do

Dad was in the Army/Airforce

Another one of their favorite things to do-sitting around the kitchen table talking to my aunts and uncles. There were always a lot of laughs


No comments:

Post a Comment