Monday, May 6, 2013

More Lake Tahoe

Here are pictures of Lake Tahoe. I'm only downloading a few so I don't bore you. The area is so beautiful, I was taking pictures every time we stopped.  Hard to decide  what to show you.
 


 
 
 
 
Saw this house along the shore. The roof is glass. How do they keep it clean?
 
 
We took a hike to the shoreline from Emerald Bay. We saw this large home at the bottom. A rich family wanted a summer home there. There is no road so all the materials had to come in by boat. It was built in 1863. Amazing.

 
 
The side wings of the home have grass roofs.

 
 
Notice the details on the eaves. Also the detail of the chimney.


 
This island is in front of the mansion. The lady of the house built the little room at the top because she wanted to have tea there in the mornings. Money can buy you anything!
 
 
 
Notice how clear the water is.
 
 
 
A lot of sandy beaches. I wasn't expecting that.
 
 
I picked out the best, but I have  so many more
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment