Monday, October 27, 2014

ELECTRICITY OKAY/ FEELS LIKE COMING HOME

Oct. 27th

Dropped off  the Monster  at the Farina RV last Thursday. We didn't know how long it would take for them to fix the electricity, so we emptied the frig and freezer and took a lot of clothes out.  Drove to the farm, unloaded everything into the frig and we were sitting on the porch relaxing.  Only 3 hours since we dropped it off,  they called and said there was nothing wrong with the electricity.  It seems that my cousins house has an open ground.  It was a frustrating 3 days for Denny trying to find out what was wrong. The reason he couldn't was that there was NOTHING wrong.  We were so relieved. We went back to Farina (5 miles), picked up the RV and drove back to the farm.  It  was a little tricky  parking in a level spot, but he did it.  He is very good at parking the RV. It was exhausting to unload everything from the house back into the RV.  We were so glad after it was all over, we celebrated with a bottle of champagne.

We are parked at the family Green farm for about 2 weeks. Feels like I am  HOME.  My great grandparents built this house. My grandfather was raised here. My father grew up in the area and spent a lot of time at the house.  Even tho I only came back for reunions, it has always felt like home. I think my brother feels the same way about it.  It seemed strange to be here by ourselves. Usually it is very hectic with a lot of people.  Most of my cousins are still working, so will only see them on the weekend. Had a busy last couple of days, but back to peace and quiet until next weekend

View as you drive in. 


Close up of house, can't quite remember the date, but it is about 130 years old. 


View looking at the Monster from the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment