Monday, December 19, 2016

GOODBYE MENIFEE

DEC 19, 2016

Today we are leaving Menifee, CA for Parker, AZ. We have been here 3 weeks and have had a good time, relaxing, geocaching and wine tasting. 

Weather has been a tad cold for here, but nice for us, low 60's, high 50's. It rained the other day all night and all the next day. This was the most rain they had had since last January. There was lots of flooding and mudslides because of all the wildfires this year. Still it didn't make a dent in the drought. It has gone on for over  5 years and  it would have to rain here for years to overcome the effects of the drought.

We brought a small propane fire pit. Darin, our son, bought it for us may years ago. Had so many people comment on it,  they all wanted one.  Most had never seen one like it.  Darin also gave us a large one last year, but we forgot to change it out in the RV





When we first started traveling, every time I would see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, I would take a picture. I have so many that I rarely do that now, but I this sunrise was striking to me





I have no idea what bird this is, but I noticed it in the tree right next to us. No one knew what it was, but it certainly has a very long neck. Any idea's???




When we started  our snowbird travels, Menifee was where we spent our  first Christmas and New Year's.  We went to a New Years Eve Champagne Dinner at the Menifee Country Club. This picture was taken Dec 31, 2009.   I have a lot more gray hair now! Brought back many memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment