Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WARMER WEATHER--KIND OF

Traveled to Parker, AZ, but we actually staying in a campground in California. The only thing that separates CA and AZ is the Colorado River. Parker is located on the AZ. side. Even tho Big River RV Park is on the CA side, it goes by AZ time. All of the parks on the Colorado do this.

When we first got here, the weather was much warmer than Cottonwood. We were even able to sit outside and enjoy the sun. It was 75 degrees. Something happened and we are going thru a cold spell. Every time California has bad weather, so do we. If it is sunny in LA, we are sunny here. If it rains there, it rains here.

We came here to spend the holidays with Denny's cousin, Larry Frink and his wife Joyce. We are usually by ourselves at Christmas, so this will be nice to be around family.

 
This is a sunset I took in Cottonwood. Beautiful

 This is a sunrise at Big River. I went for a walk in the morning about 7 AM

We went to Parker's Electric Light Christmas parade. For a small town (about 2000 people), there were a lot of floats.  I thought this one was so cute. The outhouse was made from air mattresses. Santa kept going in and out. Not sure how the driver could see thru all the lights.



Quite the big rig

After the parade we were going to go to the Senior Center. Besides having Santa and Christmas food, they were having a sale of See's Candy.  Denny's all time favorite is their peanut brittle. I think all 2000 people were in the line to get in. It went out the door and down the block. Decided peanut brittle wasn't worth the wait.

I'm trying to  keep up  with exercising.  Larry walks 2 1/2 miles every morning at 7 AM. It is a tad early for me, but I'm committed. I have gone everyday.  We also walk about 1 mile in the afternoon.  I'm also taking a digital photography class at the park.  Hoping to improve my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment