Wednesday, April 17, 2013

BASS LAKE/ YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK

We came to Bass  Lake last Thursday.  It is a beautiful lake, 13 miles from the south entrance to Yosemite Park. We are at 3500' elevation, surrounded by trees, so it really feels like home. We met some friends here that we had spent alot of time with at Palm Springs.

Our campsite

 
Took a hike from our campground to the lake

 
 I gave up trying to upload more pictures. My Verizon hotspot doesn't work at all here, so I'm on the park's WIFI. It is a little weak. Even tho I don't have any bars, my cellphone  is working great.  Strange. Our friends don't have any cell reception at all. He has to climb to the top of the hill for anything. I see alot of people walking in the road in front of us trying to find the sweet spot for reception. We changed from Sprint to Verizon this year and have no problems at all.
 
We went to Yosemite National Park with Bernie and Diane a few days ago. Couldn't have had a more  better day. No clouds and warm weather. BIG SENIOR MOMENT!  At such a beautiful place, I forgot my camera. Diane took some pictures on her phone and she is going to email them to me. Can't believe I did that. I guess I'm going to have to get with the program and get a smartphone. I'm still in the horse and buggy stage with my old flip phone. Our house sitter saw it and said he hasn't seen one of those in years.
 
I have doing a lot of geocaching with Bernie. Sometimes we take the spouses, sometimes not. They aren't into as much as we are. When I left Renton, I had 115. Because I've been meeting up with a few avid cachers, I'm up to 560. When we go to Lake Tahoe, we will be visiting another couple, Bob and Lou, that are also really into caching.
 
This is a beautiful area. We really like it here. We should have made a reservation for 2 weeks instead of one. There is so much to see.  I have made reservations ahead of time until May 6th, so it would take a lot to cancel and make new ones to stay longer. There is always next year.  That is what retirement is all about.
 
We had snow yesterday. Bernie and I were out caching and it started raining. Then mixed snow and rain and then just snow. YIKES! By the time we got home, it was really coming down hard. It didn't stay long. It was certainly beautiful  with all the trees.  In a little over a week, we have gone from 90 degrees to snow.  Where we go to tomorrow will be in the mid to high 80's. Certainly getting a variety in a short time.
 
Once I get to Iselton, I'll be sending alot of pictures that I couldn't upload here.
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment