Friday, April 19, 2013

Pictures of Bass Lake

We traveled to Iselton, CA yesterday. It is 13 miles west of  Lodi, CA, just north of Stockton. There are a maze of tributaries of the San Joaquin River, covering about 100 miles. it is called the Delta. More about the area later.

I mentioned on my last blog that my Internet connection wasn't very good, but it is back to normal here. I think it was because we were up in the mountains and trees at 3500'.  I couldn't send pictures, but here are a few of the lake and area we stayed at
 
This is an overview of Oakhust, the closest town to where we stayed. Great little town of about 13,000 people. If the weather is good, we will definitely come here again next year. Felt so at home. Could be because it is the first time we have seen anything but desert for a long time. By the end of out travels, we miss the green of trees and mountains.  
 
 
 
This is an Airstream trailer. I'm showing it because we have never seen one with a slide out. I love them, they are so retro looking, but so small inside without any slides. We were amazed.

 
 
Views of  Bass Lake. Not sure how big, but it looks  huge. Lots of boating and kayaking.
 
 

 
The pictures I took were on a cloudy days, but most times there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I took these out geocaching. We had just found a cache hidden in some rocks.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment