Wednesday, April 11, 2018

VALLEY OF FIRE STATE PARK

April 9, 2018

Another one of the MUST SEE places that we were told about it  is Valley of Fire State Park, NE of Las Vegas.  It has beautiful red  rock formations formed by the shifting sands dunes during the  age of the dinosaurs, 150 million years ago.  Makes you really think how small and short our time is here, just a speck in the time of things. 











This house was built using the red rocks by the CCC in the 1930's as a shelter for hikers. There are 3 rooms inside, each with a fireplace. 



As you can probably tell, I took a picture of the picture. To see this formation, it was only a mile walk, but I only had on flip flops and it was very loose sand, so I didn't go



In an area of the same park, there were white sand formations. Interesting to have such different colors  all in the same park




I know I'm probably  boring you with so many pictures, but it is so hard to choose which ones. These are only a few of what I took. Places like this and also Death Valley are amazing to  me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment