Monday, January 27, 2020

GEOCACHING/HIKING

January 27, 2020

As many of you know, I'm into geocaching. It's like a worldwide hide and seek. The reason we are staying a month in Buckeye, is that my geocaching buddy, Bernie,  lives in Surprise for the winter. We first met in Casa Grande, AZ, then Palm Springs.  I Geocached with him for many years, then he moved to Surprise for the winter.  I have been geocaching with Bernie and his friends 3 times since we have been here. Like me, they are all avid cachers. I don't know their exact ages, but I know I am the youngest at 73. Thought I was in pretty good shape, but, they wear me out!

Bernie, my longtime friend, is in the middle. Think I have known him since 2011.  I have known his friends for 2 years. Harold is on the left, he is in his early 80's. I don't really know Don's age (on the right), but I do know I'm younger. We have a great time together, lots of laughs.



Picture below was one of the more challenging caches to find. It took all of us quite a while, but Harold was the one who finally found it. You can see a round hole in the middle of the bark. That is the cache. You pull it out and the container is behind it. Some are very easy to find, others NOT.  We like  the challenging ones the best. 



Robbie, a cousin on my Dad's side, lives in Buckeye, AZ. We went to dinner at their house. I met his sister, Ann for the first time. Great to meet new cousins. His wife, Elaine is a hiker. Ann and I went hiking with her last Thursday in the Skyline  Regional Park. It has 22 miles of trails.  Really enjoyed it, looking forward to more hiking

Views on the trail






Elaine took a selfie. She is on the right, Ann on the left


Elaine and me



Sisters in law, Elaine and Ann


My cousin, Ann and me



There were alot of mountain bikes on the trail. Some parts of the trail are all rocks, not sure how even a mountain bike gets through. 


Ann and me


I hiked the trail 2 years ago with Bernie looking for caches. There were 7.  The girls wanted to see one so we looked for the ones I had found before, but no luck. They hadn't been found in over a year, which usually means they are gone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment