Thursday, September 25, 2014

WISCONSIN DELLS

Sept. 19th- 24th

My folks always told me that the two most beautiful places in Wisconsin were the Wisconsin Dells  and Door County.
Wish I could ask them more because I never thought we would be here.

The Dells are in Southern Wisconsin.  It is a very touristy place, the largest waterpark region in the world.  It has 7 waterparks with over 200 slides, many theme parks with regular rides and 5 mini golf courses.  Of course, we weren't here for any of that, just the beautiful  area    Dells are  really just the Wisconsin River and its banks.  Not sure why they are called the Dells.  My folks were right, they are beautiful. You have to take a boat ride to see the beauty.

Two good looking people out for a cruise

Views of the Dells



Many rock formations along the banks.  Every line of rocks represents 500 years


Amazing how trees grow right out of the rocks





Our boat


The dog on the right  formation is going to jump across and back. In the late 1800's a photographer took a picture like that and it became world famous and made people want to come to the  Dells.


Notice I  was able to get the dog at the exact moment he jumped over. I was very pleased with myself. Not many people were able to get it at just the exact moment


We stopped at a canyon and walked in about  1 mile.

 I'm glad the walkway was stable. Didn't want to look down in some places

Scary

I took over 100 pictures, can't show them all,  you would  certainly groan if I put so many up,  but these give you the overall beauty of the Dells.



No comments:

Post a Comment