Saturday, December 12, 2009

Greetings from Albany, Oregon

Dec. 12, 2009

Finally started out yesterday. We had a frozen gas regulator to fix first. Denny used a heat gun and decided to bring it with us. Good thing, because it was frozen again by the time we got here. It was cold, but beautiful blue sky. It wasn't until we hit Portland that we saw dark clouds. We made it to Albany, Or and decided to stop. We like to stop around 3:30 to get set up before dark. Good thing we stopped because the weather turned nasty. Lots of accidents on I-5 from all the ice. The steps out of our trailer were solid ice last night. Still are. Weather is still bad, so we just paid for another night. We certainly don't want to take chances with this long monster.
We have to keep the water running in the sink so it doesn't freeze, not just dripping, a steady stream. We have ice on the outside of the trailer. Where o where is the warm weather!

Not sure how often I will update this blog. All depends on how lazy or energetic I am. I am pretty proud of myself right now. This is my first time finding and connecting to Wi-Fi on the road. I thought I would have to go to the office or clubhouse, but you can connect right at your rig. I will probably do it more since I don't have to go outside. That is the lazy in me.

Hopefully our next stop is Ca., but they are also having cold and snow.

I will have to say, I feel really FREE. Not having to get anywhere at a certain time is very exhilarating.
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment