Sunday, December 13, 2009

Whew, we made it over the Siskyou's

The hardest thing is crossing the Siskyou mountains on the Oregon/California border. This time of year can be very iffy. We went thru about 2:00 pm with bare/dry conditions. It was very foggy but doable. We are staying at Weed, California. I don't know what I expected, alot of weeds on the grass or they grow alot of weed around here. I didn't see either one, but that is a good thing. It is very cold. We are at the base of Mount Shasta. The office told us we can't keep our water connected at night. Still wondering where the warm weather is.

I have discovered 4 things that are wonderful while traveling:

1. Heated Seats: It is very cold in the morning and by the time you hook up, your body is colder. Heated seats are a wonderful thing.
2. GPS: When I decide where we are staying for the night, I just put in the address, even if it is another state. Takes us right there. A voice tells us to make right and left turns. Another wonderful thing
3. Exit Directory: Really nice to know where the next rest stops and truck stops are. A lot of gas stations don't have diesel, so it is easier to just go to a truck stop. It also tells you what is at each exit. Another wonderful thing
4. WI-FI: I can catch up on emails and do my blog, but the best part is making reservations online instead of calling. I just made my first reservation at Pio Pico Reserve outside of San Diego. We will be there for Christmas and New Years. It is around 60 degrees. Finally finding some warmth for this time of year.
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree -- heated seats and GPS are the best!! Looking forward to your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete