Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kingman, AZ

When we told Marvelous Marv where we were going, he suggested getting off the freeway and take the back road to Kingman. It is the longest part of RTE 66 that is still in use. It is 100 miles long. Most of RTE 66 has been paved over by the freeways or is in such bad shape, it is very hard to travel on. It  took us a little longer than the freeway, but worth it.  We rarely came upon another car. Felt like we were in the 50's.  Didn't see George Maharis tho. If you know who I mean, you are really dating yourself.

The whole time we have been gone, I have had a lot of trouble with my Overdrive. That is the device that connects me to Internet wherever we go.  That is why I haven't had good luck downloading pictures.  A lot of campgrounds now have their own Internet called Tengointernet.   The Tengointernet and mine were working against each other. Very frustrating. Kingman is big enough to have a Sprint store, so I took it in. They had no idea what was wrong, but did download some updates.  Lo and behold, it works now. It has been a frustrating 2 months. This is why I have been able to show so many pics. Since I'm here for another week, I'm going to download a lot of pictures that I couldn't before.  That is why I got so far behind in my blog.  I never had any trouble with it last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment